This article contains links to products from our advertisers, and we may be compensated when you click on these links. Our recommendations and advice are our own and have not been reviewed by any of the issuers listed. Terms apply to offers listed on this page. Read our editorial standards.
- Capital One has just expanded its network of airport lounges to include Plaza Premium Lounges.
- Capital One Venture X Rewards credit card members get free access, in addition to free Priority Pass and Capital One Lounge visits.
- Capital One Venture Rewards or Capital One Spark Miles credit card for businesses
cardholders get two free visits per year.
- Read Insider’s guide to the best travel rewards credit cards.
Capital One has seen a wave of improvements over the past year, adding air and hotel transfer partners, revamping its travel portal and launching new perks like Capital One Airport Lounges. Now there’s more good news if you have the Capital One Venture X Rewards credit card — and it’s especially welcome for international travelers.
Starting today, the issuer is expanding its network of airport lounges you can enter for free with the Capital One Venture X Rewards credit card. In addition to Priority Pass and Capital One airport lounges, cardholders now enjoy complimentary access to more than 100 Plaza Premium lounges worldwide, including all Virgin Atlantic domestic pavilions and other airline brand operated by Plaza Premium. Cardholders can also bring two guests free of charge.
If you are a Capital One Venture Rewards credit card or Capital One Spark Miles for Business cardholder, you will also be able to use your two free annual visits at any Plaza Premium Lounge, as well as Capital Lounges One.
Here’s what to know about these new lounge options and why it makes the Capital One Venture X Rewards credit card even more valuable.
We focus here on the rewards and benefits that come with each card. These cards aren’t worth it if you’re paying interest or late fees. When using a credit card, it’s important to pay off your balance in full each month, make your payments on time, and only spend what you can afford.
Capital One Adds Plaza Premium Airport Lounges to Its Network
17.24% – 24.24% (Variable)
Recommended credit score
- Excellent welcome bonus and earning miles
- Premium benefits including airport lounge access and statement credits
- Visa Infinite benefits including travel and purchase protections
- High annual fees
- Annual Travel Statement credits only apply to Capital One Travel purchases
Read our review
- Earn 75,000 bonus miles when you spend $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening, equivalent to $750 on travel
- Receive up to $300 per year in statement credits for bookings through Capital One Travel, where you’ll get Capital One’s best prices on thousands of options
- Get 10,000 bonus miles (equivalent to $100 to travel) every year, starting on your first birthday
- Earn unlimited 10X miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel and 5X miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel
- Earn unlimited 2X miles on all other purchases
- Escape the airport crowds and recharge your batteries before your flight with unlimited access to all-inclusive amenities at Capital One Lounge and more than 1,300 Priority Pass lounges worldwide
- Receive up to $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck®
- Use your Venture X miles to easily cover travel expenses, including flights, hotels, rental cars and more – you can even transfer your miles to your choice of over 15 travel loyalty programs
The Capital One Venture X Rewards credit card is already one of the most rewarding premium credit cards on the market, offering premium benefits for an annual fee far lower than comparable cards like the Chase Sapphire Reserve® or the Platinum Card® from American Express.
One such benefit is access to the airport lounge. Not only is access to the Priority Pass and Capital One lounges free for the primary cardholder, but authorized users (free add-on) also get free access. Priority Pass lounges number more than 1,300 worldwide, and while there is only one Capital One lounge open so far in Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW), more will open later this year.
The addition of Plaza Premium Lounges gives cardholders even more options when traveling, and it’s an especially great offer for people traveling outside of the United States. Most Plaza Premium lounges are at airports overseas, although there are a few at US airports:
- Dallas-Fort Worth: Plaza Premium Lounge, Terminal E
- Newark (EWR): Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse (operated by Plaza Premium Group), Terminal B
- New York (JFK): Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse (operated by Plaza Premium Group), Terminal 4
- San Francisco (SFO): Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse (operated by Plaza Premium Group), Terminal A
- Washington, DC (IAD): Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse (operated by Plaza Premium Group), Terminal A
The International Plaza Premium Lounge locations are much more numerous. You’ll find them at dozens of airports in Canada, South and Central America, the Middle East, Europe, Africa and the Asia-Pacific region. Some airports even have lounges in several terminals and concourses. For example, my airport of choice for international flights, Toronto Pearson (YYZ), has seven Plaza Premium lounges spread over two terminals. You can view the list of all eligible lounges here.
Adding these lounges makes a lot of sense since Capital One is partnering with Plaza Premium to operate its branded airport lounges, with two more locations in Denver (DEN) and Washington Dulles slated to open later in 2022.
Capital One Venture Rewards or Capital One Spark Miles for Business credit card members still have the option to try out these new lounges if they wish. Cardholders receive two complimentary lounge passes each year, which can now be used at Plaza Premium Lounges worldwide (as well as Capital One Lounges).
And if you don’t yet have the Capital One Venture X Rewards credit card but you often fly through airports with Plaza Premium lounges, it might be time to review the card. You can discover all its advantages in our Capital One Venture X review.